Sunday, April 22, 2012

 More of the Met, because it's my happy place.

I love this picture of my friend Carol Silverman, who is set decorator for HBO's wonderful Boardwalk Empire, sharing photos with my mum on the iPad. 
It's nice to have family and friends together in a place as magical as this. 



Q happily occupied with her sketching notebook while the rest of us chatted. 
 Q and her beloved LaoLao.

Apparently my mum and I have similar scarf-wearing styles. Funny, that!
After the museum we met up with our friend Anne and her family at a nearby playground to let the kids run it out in the spring sun.

3 comments:

  1. I used to love the Met, over 27 years ago, when I spent months at a time in NY with an American ex. I'll never forget the amazing Christmas tree with 18th century Neapolitan decorations, or the Gothic religious sculptures...When the city felt too loud and brash, the Met was such a refuge!
    You've inspired me to make more of an effort to take Hâuie to some of the many great museums we have in London. When you live here, ordinary life takes over, things get busy, distances seem too big...But it's vital to realise how happy museums make you, and how they enrich your life.
    Thanks, Maia!
    Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, First let me say how beautiful your blog is and how lucky I am to have found such inspiration. How I happen to find you is that I was looking for contact information of Carol Silverman, who I believe took part in the movie The Switch. Well, towards the very end of that movie the camera pans over a mantle that is scattered with photo frames. Among those frames is a delicate glass tumbler which contains flowers. I have been searching for years for such a tumbler to include in one of my still lifes. I've seen such glass in 15th and 16th century Dutch paintings which I admire so very much. I hope that Carol would kindly let me know where I could find a similar piece. Thank you so much for your inspiration and I would appreciate any help you might be able to provide in locating my dream glass. http://carolinaelizabeth-art.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind words! I will pass the message on to Carol.

      Delete